It’s still early afternoon here, and I must scramble to get ready. You see, my family and I are having New Year’s Eve company over and there are last-minute things to be done (like cleaning). But, Abbie and I will accomplish our tasks in good time. I’m excited to see my family friends from the Cities and I’m looking forward to ringing in the New Year later on tonight.
With that said, here are my five resolutions for 2015:
- I will go to bed early, and will wake up early. (This is crucial to my role as a college senior.)
- I want to actually work out this year. I want to try to work out at a minimum of one day a week. The maximum is working out three times a week, if I have time at school. (It’s silly: We have free access to a rec center in Morris, one that is on campus, and I’ve only gone in there for fun events, never to work out. I want to change that.)
- I will write only happy or nature poems, for there is much joy in life.
- I will be less selfish when it comes to spending time with family or participating in family commitments, and do my best to enjoy the time spent among loved ones.
- I will work on becoming a better listener.
I hope all of you have–or have had–a fantastic New Year! I hope that you’re safe: please do not drink or drive if you’re of age. I hope you have fun, whether you are with good friends or family.